Accidents at Work
Tips For Accident Prevention
- Follow all policies and procedures for the job at hand
- Use all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Report all Safety concerns, big or small, to your supervisor, the Environmental Health and Safety Department or the Accident Investigation Committee
- Protect your co-workers; if you witness someone working in an unsafe manner do not be afraid to correct them. Their error could result in your injury.
- Brochures are now available to provide guidance on the reporting of accidents.
- If an accident occurs, report it immediately to your supervisor, regardless of how big or small it may be
- Complete either the "Employee Accident Report" or the "Student and Visitor Accident Report" (CS-13) and return it to Human Resources.
- Seek medical attention if needed
Safety Concerns may be reported anonymously by completing a form and returning it to Environmental Health and Safety in Sibley 421. All reports will be investigated.
Note: Some of these forms require the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
Cathleen Eldridge, Associate Director
Office: Sibley Hall 421