Locate Special Collections Materials in Several Ways
Use our library catalog (PlattCat ) to find...
- books, including rare books
- audio and video materials
Use our POLARIS index search to find...
- newspaper and periodical articles (1800-2006) held by Special Collections and relating to the Lake Champlain-Adirondack region
Use our Online Guides to find lists for...
Use regional online guides to find...
- Full-text articles in Northern New York Historical Newspapers , including SUNY Plattsburgh student newspapers (1940-2006), historical issues of the Plattsburgh Republican, the Plattsburgh Sentinel, the Plattsburgh Daily Press, and the Plattsburgh Press-Republican
- More than 300 images from our library and New York State collections, in the New York Heritage Project
Visit us in person to find materials that are not online
When visiting, please be aware of our Reading Room Guidelines and other policies . Our card catalogs index the following items:
- Pamphlets and articles in periodicals and newspapers (also indexed in POLARIS ); held by Special Collections and relating to the Lake Champlain/Adirondack region.
- Manuscript collections
- Oral histories and other rare audio recordings
- Rockwell Kent materials
- College Archives materials
Services for Visitors
For more information about Special Collections at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Debra Kimok, Special Collections Librarian
E-mail (for best results: email@example.com
Tel. (518) 564-5206