Responding to large spills:
- Protect yourself and notify people in your area about the spill.
- Turn off all ignition sources around flammable materials.
- Evacuate the room, floor or building, as necessary.
- Close doors to prevent people from entering the area.
- Dial 911 and call University Police at 518-564-2022 to report spills and medical emergencies.
When reporting a spill, identify:
- Any personal injuries that occurred.
- The location of the spill: building, room number or area.
- The name of material spilled: spell it clearly and slowly.
- The amount of material spilled.
- How the spill occurred if known or suspected.
- Who saw the spill and when it occurred.
- Provide a call-back telephone number.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986