Crime, Threatening Person, Workplace Violence
Immediately call University Police at 518-564-2022 if you think a crime is being committed or has occurred.
- Report anything that is out of place or suspicious to University Police.
- Describe the location of the incident and person’s age, gender, appearance, etc.
- All employees must report workplace violence to their supervisors.
- Call University Police at 518-564-2022 or dial 9-1-1.
- Protect yourself, stay calm and avoid conflict.
- Keep a safe distance.
- Place barriers between you and the suspect.
- If possible, seek protection in a classroom/office with locks and a phone.
- Immediately leave the building if it does not put you at risk.
- Trust your instincts and use sound judgment.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986