New Transfer Student Advisement and Registration Process
For transfer students accepted to the Spring 2014 semester, please follow the steps listed below to complete the advisement and registration process for the upcoming semester. Note: Fall 2014 New Transfer Student Advisement and Registration information will be posted in February.
Step 1: View Your Credit Evaluation (Degree Works Audit) Online
Once your DW Audit has been created, you can view it online by following these steps: Note: You must first be accepted and pay your admissions deposit to receive a DW Audit from Admissions.
- Go to the MyPlattsburgh login page
- Enter your NetID and password, then click on "Login"
- Click on the "Admissions" tab
- Under the "Other Information" section, click on "SUNY Degree Works Login"
- Re-enter your NetID and password to login to the Degree Works system (once logged in, your DW Audit should appear)
Note: Transfer credit evaluations are automatically prioritized for students who have paid their deposits. Please note that your official DW Audit will be available once the credit has been reviewed and validated. Admissions will notify you by e-mail and letter when your official credit evaluation is ready.
Step 2: Receive Course Advisement and Register for Courses
- Online Registration Option: Advisement begins on December 17 and continues through the start of the spring semester. Contact your department chairperson or coordinator to receive advisement and a registration (PIN) code. You can Find your department chair on this List if Depertmental Chairs and Contacts (PDF file size 63 Kb).
- Register online* in your MyPlattsburgh account. You must first contact your department chairperson or coordinator for course advisement and to receive a registration (PIN) code.
*For instructions on how to register online in your MyPlattsburgh account, Download the Course Registration Options Form (PDF file size 59 Kb).
Note: If you are unable to receive advisement from your department chairperson by phone or register online, or if you need to make adjustments to your schedule, you can attend the Spring Advisement and Registration Session scheduled for Sunday, January 26 at 10 a.m. (sharp!) in the Claude J. Clark Learning Center, first floor of the Feinberg Library. The session allows you to speak with faculty and advisors in person, to ask questions, and to register for your courses.
Queensbury Campus/HVCC Extension Site
- Contact the Queensbury Campus to register for a new student orientation session. Orientation dates are scheduled for Wednesday, January 8 and Thursday, January 23. You will complete advisement and registration during orientation. If you are unable to attend a session, contact the Queensbury Campus for further instruction. The Queensbury Campus can be reached by calling (518) 792-5425.
Download the Course Registration Options Form (PDF file size 59 Kb)
The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901