R.N. to B.S. Online Program Option
Our Online Program Option Allows You To:
- Apply your prior R.N. education toward a bachelor's degree.
- Advance in your career.
- Be eligible to apply to graduate school.
- Work while you earn your B.S.
- Obtain your degree close to home.
Registered Nurse (R.N.) to Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Nursing Online Program Option
SUNY Plattsburgh provides an online completion program for individuals who currently hold the R.N. and want to complete their four-year B.S. Nursing degree. All nursing courses are taught online by SUNY Plattsburgh faculty with any required clinical experiences provided at regional institutions.
R.N. to B.S. Option Requirements
An applicant to the registered nurse option must:
- Be a graduate of a nursing program that is approved by the legal body that registers nursing programs in the state or Canadian province in which the program is located.
- Have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State. Students awaiting the results of the licensing examination taken for the first time will be admitted; continuance of study in the registered nurse option track, however, will be contingent upon passing the licensing examination.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent is required for admission to the major. This requirement may be waived in exceptional cases by the chairperson of the nursing program.
In addition to the Progression Policy listed for traditional students, RN-to-BS students must:
- Take NUR 350 prior to senior level (400-level) nursing courses.
- Complete the program within six years of beginning the first nursing course. This requirement may be waived in exceptional cases by the chairperson of the Department of Nursing.
For more information about the registered nurse study option at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Office: Hawkins Hall 215A
Phone: (518) 564-4238
Fax: (518) 564-3100
101 Broad St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901