Journalism & Public Relations Faculty — Steven Howell
A SUNY Plattsburgh alumnus, Steve Howell proudly got his journalism degree as a mature student in 2003. Steve has written for the Plattsburgh Press-Republican since 1995, and also wrote weekly articles for the Montreal Gazette from 2003 to 2007. He is the author of five travel books and two iPhone travel apps.
- B.A. in Journalism, SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Travel writing.
- Magazine writing.
- Literary journalism.
- Introduction to news writing.
- Opinion and review.
- Entertainment reporting.
- Introduction to journalism.
- Written and photographed for The Countryman Press/W.W. Norton & Company.
- Montreal and Quebec City: Great Destinations (2008).
- The Photographer’s Guide to Montreal and Quebec City (2009).
- Great Escapes: Long Island (2010).
- The Photographer’s Guide to New York City (2010).
- Photographing Boston (2011).
- Written and photographed for Sutro Media:
- Montreal Essential Guide (2010).
- Quebec City Trekker (2011).
Office: Ward Hall 221
Phone: (518) 564-3944