Freshman Admissions

Freshman Facts

Information For

Learn more about Accepted Student Days at SUNY Plattsburgh

Codes You Need to Know

  • SUNY Application: 44
  • SAT: 2544
  • ACT: 2944
  • Federal School Code: 002849
  • NYS Tap (Undergraduate Code): 0940

Information for Incoming Freshmen with College Credit Earned in High School

Have you challenged yourself throughout high school by taking Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or college-level courses? Well, here at SUNY Plattsburgh, we want to award you for your achievement by accepting those courses as transfer credit. Learn more about:

Transferring your advanced credits to SUNY Plattsburgh is easy - just follow these five simple steps:

Step 1: Determine What Kind of College Credit You Are Receiving

Talk to your school counselor, teachers, and parents to figure out if you are taking an Advanced Placement (AP) or college-level class. This is important because it can affect the way your course will transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh.

Hint: If you have paid a college or university to take the class, you are receiving college-level credit.  But, if you are sitting for an exam in May, you are taking an AP course.

Step 2: Fill out the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit

The Admissions Office needs to know the courses that you are taking for college credit in order to start the initial transfer process.  So, be sure to carefully fill out the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit to ensure accuracy, as this can affect the registration process during summer orientation.  The Freshmen with College Credit form will be available online in your MyPlattsburgh account in June.

Step 3: Receive Your Preliminary Credit Estimate

Submitting the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit will give you a preliminary credit estimate, which will show any college-level courses that you should earn credit for, and how they will transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh.  Please note that official college transcripts and/or AP/IB score reports are required to officially transfer your credit and to create your official credit evaluation.  Be sure to print your credit estimate and bring it with you to orientation in the summer.  This estimate will assist faculty with the advisement process. 

Please note:  We will not place any unofficial credit on your transfer credit evaluation.  Official transcripts and/or score reports are required to post credit to your Degree Works Audit (transfer credit evaluation).  The Freshman with College Credit form is used only for informational purposes, and to provide an estimate of your credits.

Step 4: Send Your Official Transcript or Score Report

For Advanced Placement (AP) credit, be sure to send us an official score report from the College Board or have your school counseling office report it on your official high school transcript.

For International Baccalaureate (IB) credit, the Admissions Office will need an official score report from the International Baccalaureate Organization.

If you have earned college-level credits, please request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office at the institution where you have earned the credit after your grade is posted. We cannot accept a grade report or a copy of your transcript.

Step 5: Receive Your Official Credit Evaluation

The Admissions Office will post your credit evaluation (Degree Works Audit) to your MyPlattsburgh account once we receive your official AP, IB, or college-level transcripts.  Again, check your credit evaluation for accuracy and report any issues to the Admissions Office.  If you have multiple transcripts and/or score reports, we will update your credit evaluation as each transcript/score report arrives.


Contact Information

The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.

Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045

Mailing Address:
SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901