Career Services Fee
This is a mandatory fee for matriculated undergraduate and graduate students on the Plattsburgh campus. It supports enhanced career-related services for students as they prepare for life after attaining their degrees from SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Applies to both undergraduate and graduate students
- Only applicable to main campus students - not branch campus students at Queensbury. However, this policy will be reviewed after one year once the new programs and services are underway
- Applies only to matriculated students
- Is charged regardless of course mix such as campus courses, online courses, or both
- $1 per credit hour but is capped at $10 per semester
- Is charged only during fall and spring semesters
This fee allows the Career Development Center staff to invest in new technologies (including web-based applications) and it includes:
- Students who are away from campus (examples include study abroad, co-op, interships, student teaching, independent courses, and online courses)
- Students enrolled in three credit hours or less or who commute more than 35 miles each way to campus
- Students whose only classes begin after 4:00 p.m.
- Full-time employees of SUNY Plattsburgh or the Research Foundation (excluding graduate assistants and dorm assistants)
- High school students
Waivers or exemptions from the Career Services fee must be requested in writing to the Director of the Career Development Center or his/her designee.
To learn more about the Career Development Center at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Career Development Center
805 Kehoe Administration Building
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone (518) 564-2071
Fax (518) 564-5080