Career Development Information for Sophomores
What Should a Sophomore Do About Career Planning?
Congratulations, you completed your first 60 credits.
- Explore careers in the CDC Resource Library
- If you plan to pursue graduate study, look into undergraduate prerequisites for the graduate program of interest to you
- Investigate internship opportunities
- Seek a part-time job or volunteer position in an area related to your interests
- Ask three faculty members to indicate how their subject areas will help in your career
- Develop opportunities to test the effectiveness of your communication skills
- Update your resume with assistance from a career counselor
- Research and register for a Junior year overseas study program
- Request references from faculty and employers for your credential file
- Explore summer job opportunities using CDC resources
Take the Next Step