Career Development Information for SUNY Plattsburgh Students
You will spend many years in the workforce, so you need to like what you do…and you need to know how to navigate your way through those years to reach your goals. The Career Development Center (CDC) is ready to help.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our student and alumni user policies.
When Should I Start?
Now. (Really!) There’s a lot involved and it can be a lot of fun learning about yourself along the way. Check out the College-Years-To-Career Guide to review a quick checklist for what you should be doing during each of your college years.
- Main office is 118 Angell College Center.
- Career Lab is 204 Angell College Center.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (academic year).
- We also offer extended hours, varied each semester, through our Career Lab. Please call for this semester’s extended hours.
Social media: Facebook and LinkedIn
What Can the CDC Do For Me?
- Personal Career Coaching and support.
- Walk in/Drop in hours for quick question.
- Career Assessments and exploration.
- CardinalConnect - your online career services portal.
- Major-to-Career Guides.
- Resumes and Cover Letters.
- Practice Interviews.
- On-campus recruiting.
- Workshops and special events.
- Salary information, negotiation and job offers/declines.
- Cardinal Career Coaches (coming 2015).
- Graduate school exploration and advising.
To learn more about the Career Development Center at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Career Development Center
118 Angell College Center (ACC)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone (518) 564-2071
Fax (518) 564-5080