Affirmative Action Policy
The State University's Board of Trustees declared the University's long-standing intent and position on an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy by adopting unanimously on June 30, 1971, the following resolution:
"Resolved that the statement entitled 'Equal Employment Opportunity in State University of New York,' as set forth below, be, and hereby is, adopted as the policy of State University on equal opportunity; and the Chancellor, or his designee be, and hereby is, authorized and directed to take all steps necessary and proper to promulgate and implement said policy."
State University of New York, in recognition of its educational mission, its social concern, its responsibility for the personal development of individuals, and its concern for the rights of the individual, has expressed and established University Policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
The Board of Directors of the Research Foundation of State University of New York endorses in principle such policy by adopting the following:
It is the policy of The Research Foundation of State University of New York to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination in employment; and to participate in the promotion of the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program for the University as a whole and for each constituent unit and affiliated organization of the University as it relates to the Research Foundation.
This policy of equal employment opportunity:
- Applies to all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age or sex, except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification.
- Applies equally to all job classifications and titles in The Research Foundation of State University and to all types of appointments under University jurisdiction, whether full time or part time.
- Governs all University/Research Foundation employment policies, practices and actions including but not necessarily limited to: recruitment, employment, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, upgrading, promotion, demotion, renewal, non-renewal, termination, transfer, layoff, leave, training and employee benefits of whatever nature.
- Applies to all Foundation employees wherever physically located.
- Expects each contractor, supplier, union, public agency or other cooperative agent to support this policy by complying with all applicable State and Federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
Full, immediate and continuing realization of this policy is to be undertaken by:
- Development of Affirmative Action Programs by the local campuses which will: detail actions designed to realize the State University of New York/Research Foundation commitment to equal employment; analyze employment patterns within the Foundation as they relate to specific campuses; set forth plans to rectify any deficiencies; identify and remove impediments to equal employment opportunity; establish goals and timetables for affirmative action; provide for the internal and external dissemination of affirmative action policy; pursue the commitment to equal employment opportunity throughout the local campuses; and provide for the review, assessment, evaluation, and improvement of University/Research Foundation action in carrying out this policy and affirmative action programs.
Office: Kehoe 815
Research Foundation at SUNY Plattsburgh
Phone: (518) 564-2155
Fax: (518) 564-2157
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901