Request a Feinberg Library Instruction Session for your class
Information for Faculty
Feinberg librarians collaborate with faculty members to deliver library instruction to students. Faculty members may schedule their classes to receive hands-on library sessions customized for your students' needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Computer classrooms may not be available for library sessions due to room availability constraints on campus; however, the librarians have worked with the Center for Teaching Excellence to adapt library sessions for non-computer classrooms.
What do I need to do to request a session?
- Submit the Feinberg Library Instruction Session Request Form by Friday, March 28 for the Spring 2014 semester.
- Schedule a library instruction session for a time close to the assignment due date.
- Request the session a minimum of two weeks before the desired session date.
- Send a copy of your assignment along with the request in order to assist us in tailoring the instruction to your students' needs.
- Participate in the library instruction session. Your participation is expected, welcome, and tells your students it is important.
- Course-specific information (with follow-up Online Research Guides and print handouts)
- Online databases and library catalogs
- Effective Web searching
- Citing information
- Evaluating resources, and more!
For additional information, please contact:
Elin O'Hara-Gonya, Associate Librarian
Office: Feinberg 323
Phone: (518) 564-5187