Campus Dates and Deadlines
Important Dates at the Branch Campus
The following are some important dates to remember for the spring 2013 semester. Linkes to the official SUNY Plattsburgh academic calendar are below.
- Tuesday, January 22: SUNY Adirondack (ACC) and Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) Classes Begin. Applies only to students taking ACC or HVCC classes through cross-registration, NOT Plattsburgh classes.
- Saturday/Sunday, January 26/27: Foreign Language Proficiency Exam and Library Proficiency Exam on main campus.
- Monday, January 28: ALL SUNY Plattsburgh Spring Semester classes begin at all locations (including on-line classes).
- Sunday, February 3: Spring 2013 course add/drop ends (11:30pm). Last day for 100% tuition refund.
- Monday, February 4: Course withdrawal/late add fee of $20 applies.
- Wednesday, February 6: Branch Campus Open House for graduate and undergraduate program and admission information. (Regional Higher Education Center, 4:30pm – 6:00pm). Call 792-5425 for additional information.
- Wednesday, February 13: Student Teaching Application Meeting, 4:00-6:30 pm, in RHEC 128. Required for all graduate and undergraduate teacher education students planning to student teach in the fall 2013 or the spring 2014. Register at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/branchcampus/acc/stappsign.php.
- Friday, February 22: Diploma Applications due for students graduating in May 2013 or August 2013. Download the form at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/registrar/forms/alpha.php.
- Friday, March 1: Deadline for withdrawing from courses meeting the first 9 weeks of the semester (e.g. LIB courses).
- Monday, March 11 - Friday, March 15: ACC Spring Break. Applies only to students taking ACC classes through cross-registration. SUNY Plattsburgh classes WILL MEET as scheduled.
- Monday, March 18 - Friday, March 22: Spring break for Branch Campus undergraduates and students in the M.S. Leadership program. NOTE: Spring break for graduate teacher education students will be Monday, April 1 - Friday, April 5.
- Wednesday, March 27: Midterm grades due (11:30 pm).
- Friday, March 29 - Tuesday, April 2: HVCC Spring Break. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration). SUNY Plattsburgh classes WILL MEET as scheduled.
- Monday, April 1 - Friday, April 5: Spring break for Branch Campus graduate teacher education students.
- Monday, April 1: Advisement for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 courses begins. Please meet with your advisor early.
- Tuesday, April 2: Last day to register (4:00 pm), for the Library Proficiency Exam, to be held on Thursday, April 4.
- Thursday, April 4: Library Proficiency Exam, 2:00-3:00 pm, and 4:00-5:00 pm, in RHEC 147.
- Sunday, April 7: Registration for Summer and Fall 2013 begins (10 am). Register EARLY! On-line classes close quickly!
- Friday, April 12: Summer and fall course advisement ends. Last day for unrestricted course withdrawal.
- Sunday, April 28: Fall 2013 registration ends (11:30 pm).1:30 pm).
- Monday, May 6: SUNY Adirondack Classes End. Applies only to students taking ACC classes through cross-registration.
- Friday, May 10: HVCC Classes End. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration.
- Saturday, May 11: Finals week begins on the Main Campus. Finals at the Branch Campus are held during the last week of the semester.
- Monday, May 13 – Thursday, May 16: HVCC Final Exams. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration.
- Thursday, May 16: Plattsburgh Alumni Reception for Branch Campus Graduates. Queensbury Hotel (5:00 pm). Branch Campus Commencement with SUNY Adirondack at the Glens Falls Civic Center (7:00 – Please arrive by 6:30 pm. to line up for the processional).
- Friday, May 17: SUNY Plattsburgh spring semester ends (5 pm).
- Saturday, May 18: Main Campus Commencement (for details see: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/studentlife/commencement/spring/).
- Wednesday, May 22: Final grades due (noon).
Official SUNY Plattsburgh Academic Calendar
Please note, there may be dates or deadlines that differ between the Main and Branch Campus:
For more information about SUNY Plattsburgh Branch Campus at Queensbury, please contact:
Phone: (518) 792-5425
SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury
Suite 115, J. Buckley Bryan RHEC
640 Bay Road
Queensbury, NY 12804
Main Campus Address:
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2000