Graduate Assistantship Opening in the Graduate Admissions Office
This position provides a full-tim tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a stipend for the 2014-2015 academic year. The individual will be required to work 20 hours per week, but some flexibility may be permitted. The graduate assistant will report to the Director of Graduate Admissions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform data collection activities, research, statistical analysis, and report write-ups for a variety of surveys/studies, including, but not limited to Alumni Surveys, Customer/Applicant Satisfaction Surveys, Graduate and Professional School Fair Surveys, Graduate Retention and Graduation Rates by Graduate Programs, and Branch and Main Campus Comprehensive Enrollment Report, and more.
- Meet with prospective graduate students. Inform applicants of available graduate programs, requirements, deadlines, and procedures. Advise applicants of departmental contacts and student service office referrals as appropriate.
- Respond to email inquires. Referral of emails to appropriate departments/offices as needed. Communicate with inquires in Recruit File.
- Establish outreach initiatives with regional agencies/businesses/schools to further inform about program offerings.
- Take a primary role in coordinating the Annual Graduate and Professional School Fair.
- Assist in the development of the biannual Graduate Studies Newsletter (Fall and Spring editions).
- Matriculation in a graduate program at SUNY Plattsburgh
- In good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Take and pass the CITI certification before undertaking any research activities;
- Proficient computer skills and willingness to learn BANNER
- Possesses knowledge of research design, data entry and analysis, and research processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Skilled in English grammar, punctuation, and document formatting
- Committed to confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to attend to details
- Demonstrated strong ability to work independently on assigned projects and initiatives
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Graduate Admissions Office
Office: 113 Kehoe Administration Building
Phone: (518) 564-4723