Graduate Assistantship Opening in the BA/MST Program
Note: students must be in graduate status to apply for this assistantship.
This position provides a half-time tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a half-time stipend for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- To create, set-up, and maintain a Mathematics Lab for middle school algebra development. The graduate assistant would:
- Research best practices in algebra teaching and learning
- Collect and develop hands-on/minds-on games, puzzles, and exercises designed to teach the deeper concepts of algebra and address all learning styles, and to supplement in-class instruction
- Coordinate with middle school math and science teachers to ensure alignment and proper supplementation
- Aid in supervising and maintaining the lab in the middle schools.
- Instruct teacher education majors (most likely pursuing certification in math and/or science)
- When successful, help coordinate its creation in other middle and junior high schools
- Set up for the next assistant
- Graduate Status
- Teacher-educator in math or science
- Organizational and communication skills
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Dr. Mark Beatham, Program Leader
BA/MST Adolescence Combined
Phone: (518) 564-5142