Graduate Assistantship Opening in the Alumni Relations Office
This position is filled for the 2012-13 academic year.
The position provides tuition (in-state rate) and a stipend of $5,320 for the 2012-2013 academic year. The graduate assistant will be required to work 20 hours per week each semester. The position reports to the Associate Director of Alumni Relations in the Office of Alumni Relations, Hawkins Hall, Room 113.
- Phone/e-mail correspondence
- Coordination of mailings
- Represent the Alumni Association in an enthusiastic manner
- Additional office duties as assigned
- Assist with the coordination of the Student Ambassador program:
- Assist with organizing and supervising approximately 25 Student Ambassadors to include: recruitment, promotion, interviewing, hiring, training, monthly in-services, e-mail/phone correspondence and web-site maintenance.
- Assist with Student Ambassador attendance at the following events: Training/Orientation Days, Family and Alumni Weekend, Faculty Emeriti Reception, Winter/Spring Commencement activities, Distinguished Visiting Alumni Program, Fall and Spring Open Houses, and other events as needed.
- Assist with the coordination of on-campus student/alumni activities: Senior reception events, Cardinal graduation Expos, Opening weekend activities, Homecoming Weekend, and other events/activities as assigned
- Assist with reunions and Homecoming planning.
- Assist with communication with alumni and friends of the college in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Create and update Alumni web-pages and Student Ambassador Facebook Group Page
- Office duties as assigned.
- Responsible for a pre-determined work schedule.
- Full-time, matriculated graduate student at SUNY Plattsburgh in good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)s and evenings
- Capable of accomplishing multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong writing and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Access
Educational Value to Student:
- Opportunity to work in a professional environment
- Networking opportunities with alumni, community members, campus VIPS
- Establish a knowledge of event planning
- Enhance written and oral communication skills
- Enhance marketing and leadership skills
- Viewed as a valuable team player in the Office of Institutional Advancement
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Associate Director of Alumni Relations
113 Hawkins Hall
Phone: (518) 564-3090