Clubs and Activities
The Marketing Club
The SUNY Plattsburgh Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Membership: Open to all SUNY Plattsburgh undergraduates.
- 2005-06 President: Ms. Julie Cheng.
- 2005-06 Faculty Advisor: Dr. Nancy J. Church.
- Website: http://www.marketingpower.com/.
- Weekly meetings run by students.
- Preparation of Chapter Plan (fall) and Annual Report (spring).
- Guest speakers on marketing careers and marketing topics.
- Field trips to visit marketing-oriented firms.
- Students obtain grant and organize annual 4-workshop series on “Business Etiquette.”
- Students organize and run the Champy Advertising Awards Competition.
- Students attend annual AMA conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Students organize annual year-end banquet.
- Students organize fund-raising & community service activities.
- Induction of new members into Alpha Mu Alpha Marketing Honor Society.
Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- Membership: Open to all SUNY Plattsburgh undergraduates, particularly:
- All other business and economics majors.
- 2005-06 Faculty Advisor: Dr. James Csipak.
- Website: http://www.sife.org/.
- Regular meetings.
- Travel to fall regional conference for orientation to the program.
- Development & design of projects to implement over the course of the year.
- Travel to spring regional conference for competition with other schools.
Alpha Mu Alpha Marketing Honor Society
Alpha Mu Alpha (A.M.A.) acknowledges the achievements of outstanding marketing students across the country.
- GPA in top 10% of marketing majors.
- Only students and faculty from colleges and universities with established A.M.A. collegiate chapters or which are recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business are eligible.
School of Business and Economics (SBE) Honor Societies
For more information about the marketing program at SUNY Plattsburgh, or to arrange a campus visit, please contact:
Dr. Nancy J. Church, Chairperson
Office: Au Sable Hall Room 208
Phone: (518) 564-4169