STAR-NY Online Tutoring Service
This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY Plattsburgh students in Math, Writing, Accounting and Chemistry.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free.
- Online tutoring is part of shared services consortium with 12 other SUNY colleges.
- Each participating SUNY—including SUNY Plattsburgh—identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring.
- Keep in mind that depending on the night, your tutor may be from SUNY Plattsburgh or he/she may be from SUNY Morrisville, SUNY Cortland, etc.
- Math tutors are able to provide tutoring support in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics.
- Writing tutors are able to provide assistance in any course below the 400 level (with the exception of foreign languages).
- Accounting tutors are able to provide assistance in introductory Accounting.
- Chemistry tutors are able to provide assistance in introductory level and general Chemistry.
- Biology tutors are new to STAR-NY. They provide assistance in Introductory Level and Anatomy & Physiology.
Hours and Availability
Tutoring begins Jan. 25th and concludes on May. 5. During the week, it is available Sunday through Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to NOON.
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Go to http://www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
SUNY Plattsburgh’s STAR-NY online tutoring is funded by the Claude J. Clark Learning Center, Housing and Residence Life and Library and Information Technology Services Online Learning.
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140