Master of Science in Leadership
The M.S. in Leadership Allows You To...
- Advance in your career area of choice—whether it is in public service, non-profit, or business organizations.
- Use the expertise and wealth of knowledge from your work and life experiences in your courses.
- Immediately gain new ideas, skills, and competencies that you can apply in practical ways to your work and life.
- Take classes in a variety of modes—electronic, face to face, and simulcast—flexibility that lets you maintain your work and family schedules while earning your degree.
M.S. in Leadership Program (36 credits)
The leadership program includes a core of required courses with learning experiences focused on the individual as leader and high performance competencies for individuals in team-oriented organizational cultures. The leadership program culminates with a thesis or professional project that demonstrates the student's skill and knowledge, integrating professional and academic competence in their field of study and career area of choice.
- Admissions decisions are based on past academic records, work experience, and demonstrated personal and professional success, integrity, and motivation.
- SUNY Plattsburgh requires a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 for acceptance into its graduate programs.
- Individuals may apply at any time up until one month prior to when they wish to commence their graduate study.
- Applicants for full-time study are encouraged to apply for the fall semester.
- Applicants for part-time study may apply at any time.
- All applicants must complete the 4-page Application for Graduate Study, including a statement of purpose, three letters of recommendation, and official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- International applicants also need to submit satisfactory TOEFL scores and financial documentation.
For more information about the leadership program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Sue Catana, Coordinator
- SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury: (518) 792-5425 x109
- Home Office: (518) 696-2710