Journalism & Public Relations Faculty — Steven Howell
A SUNY Plattsburgh alumnus, Steve Howell proudly got his journalism degree as a mature student in 2003. Steve has written for the Plattsburgh Press-Republican since 1995, and also wrote weekly articles for the Montreal Gazette from 2003 to 2007. He is the author of five travel books and two iPhone travel apps.
B.A. in Journalism, SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Written and photographed for The Countryman Press/W.W. Norton & Company.
- Montreal and Quebec City: Great Destinations (2008).
- The Photographer’s Guide to Montreal and Quebec City (2009).
- Great Escapes: Long Island (2010).
- The Photographer’s Guide to New York City (2010).
- Photographing Boston (2011).
- Written and photographed for Sutro Media:
- Montreal Essential Guide (2010).
- Quebec City Trekker (2011).
- Travel Writing.
- Magazine Writing.
- Literary Journalism.
- Introduction to News Writing.
- Opinion and Review.
- Entertainment Reporting.
- Introduction to Journalism.
Office: Ward Hall 221
Phone: (518) 564-3944