Geography Faculty - Dr. John R. Moravek
Associate Professor Emeritus
- Ph.D. - University of Tennessee, 1976
- M.S. - University of Tennessee, 1968
- B.S. - Edinboro State College (PA), 1966 (now Edinboro University of Pennsylvania)
- Physical Geography
- Geomorphology (including Regional Geomorphology of the U.S.)
- Historical Geography of the U.S.
- Geography of the U.S.
- Geography of Russia and other Successor States of the Soviet Union
- Historical Geography of the Adirondacks
- Political Geography
Research and Experience
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1998
- Historical Geography of the Adirondack-Champlain Iron Industry; several papers presented at professional meetings and published in local serials
- Numerous illustrated talks on the Adirondack-Champlain Iron Industry presented to local historical associations, local library-sponsored speakers' series, and the Adirondack Museum speakers' series
- Faculty Mentor, Freshman Experience Program at Plattsburgh State, 1988-1998
- Book reviews in professional journals (i.e. New York History)
- Faculty Advisor, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Plattsburgh State, 1975 - present
Interests and Hobbies
Travel, landscape photography, family and church-centered activities, aerobic walking, hiking in the Adirondacks (official Adirondack 46er), exploring ghost towns and abandoned landscapes, especially in the Adirondack-Champlain Region and New Mexico.