Biological Sciences Faculty — Sandra M. Latourelle
- M.S.T. in Biology Education, SUNY Plattsburgh
- B.S. in Biology Education, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Miner Institute in vitro Cell Biology and Biotechnology, SUNY Plattsburgh, Spring 1988
- Population genetics with the local coyote population
- Strategies for Education
- Member of Dean's Advisory Board for Science and Education 2003-present
- Member of Plattsburgh State University of New York Professional Educators Development Council (PEDC) 2003-present
- Clinton, Essex, Warren, Washington BOCES Science Facilitator (1993-present)
Awards and Special Recognitions
- Founder Member of ActionBioscience.org Editorial Board 2004-present
- Region II (NY, NJ, PA) Elected Director for National Association of Biology Teachers 1999-present
- New York State Representative for National Association of Biology Teachers) 1995-2000
- New York State Science Education Leadership Association Officer (2000-2002)
- Recipient of SUNY Plattsburgh Teaching Excellence Award for Adjunct Faculty (2000)
- New York State Outstanding Biology Teacher (1995)
- Sigma Xi Northeastern Science Teacher of the Year Award (1991)
- Elwess, N.L. and Latourelle, S.M., and Couthorn, O. (2004). "Visualizing "Junk" DNA through Bioinformatics" Journal of Biological Education. Accepted with revisions, August 2004.
- Elwess, N.L. and Latourelle, S.M. "Inducing Mutations in Paramecium: An Inquiry Based Approach". BioScene 30(1) March 2004, (pages 25-34)
- Latourelle, S.M.,et al. (2004) Biology:Review Handbook for Regents Exam, Living Environment, Glencoe McGraw Hill
- Latourelle, S.M. (2002). Student study guide to accompany life. New York. McGraw-Hill.
- Latourelle, S., and Seidel-Rogol B. (1998) A Demonstration of Automated DNA Sequencing. The American Biology Teacher, 60 (3) 206-211.
Office: Beaumont Hall 414A
Phone: (518) 564-5163