Campus Construction Schedule for 2014-2015
Rick Larche, capital project manager, is overseeing the following projects. He may be reached at email@example.com.
1. Hawkins Hall Pond and Harrington Hall Infrastructure Project
- Estimated timeline: Monday, May 18 through the end of August 2015.
- Scope: Around the pond area, there is some remaining below grade piping work to be completed during the summer of 2015. A pond liner will be installed, as well as a waterfall feature. The area will be landscaped and improved lighting will be put in place.
- Fencing around the pond will be left in place through the winter of 2014 and into late summer of 2015. Construction has been stopped for the winter season.
2. Hawkins Hall: Café Renovation for the New Einstein Bagels Location
- Café Renovation for the New Einstein Brothers Bagels Location in Hawkins Hall.
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete..
- Scope: This is a complete renovation of the existing café, located along the south side of Hawkins Hall.
- The cafe´ has been in full operation since the start of the 2014 Fall semester..
3. Myers Fine Arts Building: Theater-Rigging Replacement
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete.
- Scope of the project: A completely new rigging system will be implemented to bring the current theater up to current industry safety standards.
4. Yokum Hall: Communications Upgrade
- Estimated timeline: May 22 through the end of early winter 2014, with a goal of opening the space for students in the spring of 2015. The project has experienced many delays, which may put off re-occupancy of the communication studios and associated spaces until after the Spring semester of 2015.
- Scope: The demolition and abatement has been completed in the TV/audio area of Yokum Hall, with the reconstruction of the space now occurring. The existing TV equipment will be completely upgraded with minor upgrades on the audio side..
- Overall this project will provide the communications studios with a facelift and, more importantly, a major equipment upgrade bringing the facilities up to current studio standards.
5. Field House: Soccer/Lacrosse Turf Field Replacement
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete.
- Scope: The existing field has been replaced with a new turf and striping compliant to NCAA standards.
6. Kehoe Administration Building: Generator Installation
- Estimated timeline: May 18 – August 21, 2105.
- Scope: Installation of an emergency backup generator for Kehoe Administration Building. The object is to provide backup power to key network servers for continuity of operations during a power failure event.
- The project is still under design.
7. Hudson Hall: Cooling Coil for Room 106 Cooling Coil for Room 106 and pre-heat coil for Planetarium
- Estimated timeline: Currently underway with an estimated completion of November 28,2014.
- Scope: Installation of condensing fans and a cooling coil in the air handling unit serving Lecture Classroom 106 for air conditioning during the summer months. An electric pre-heat coil has also been added to the air handling unit serving the Planetarium for dehumidification.
8. Central Campus: Podium Rehabilitation
- Estimated timeline: November 2014 through Winter 2105.
- Scope: This is an extensive rehabilitation of the existing elevated walkway, called the podium, which connects numerous buildings at the second-floor level. Phase I shall include the Podium spanning from the walkway starting at Parking Lot 8 of Yokum Hall by Beaumont Halland completing at HudsonHall It will involve removing the existing walking surface pavers down to the existing structural slab. A new membrane, drainage and stamped concrete walking surface will be installed. New green spaces will spruce up the walkways along the railing edges, and the underside will be rehabilitated to fix all the damaged concrete from water infiltration. The two approaches to the bridge over Broad St. will be completely replaced.
- The project will be phased to allow some minimized traffic flow around the construction areas, but some delays should be anticipated and alternate routes will be indicated for foot traffic. Some preliminary work will take place adjacent to the two 2nd floor entrances to Yokum Hall facing Beaumont Hall, as well as an area on the Northeast corner of Myers Fine Arts. This preliminary work will be done over the next few weeks to mitigate current leaks occurring as a result of a failure in the Podium water proofing/flashing.
9. Au Sable Hall: Final Touches
- Estimated timeline: Summer of 2015.
- Scope: Remediate exterior entrance doors and windows. The door remediation is expected to occur between Nov. 7 – Nov. 21, 2104. The window remediation has started, but has been put on hold over the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 sessions. It will start again in the summer of 2015.
10. Sibley Hall Phase I Renovation
- Estimated timeline: Summer of 2015 through Spring of 2017.
- Scope: A complete renovation of the South end of Sibley Hall, including a new second floor in the gymnasium space. The gym will be taken off line and replaced with offices and clinic space for the Psychology Dept. Department moves will be occurring within the current Third Age, NCTRC, and EHS locations to support this renovation..
Jules Lapoint, construction project development and oversight professional, is overseeing the following projects. He may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Adirondack Hall: Window Replacement
- Status: Window Replacement was completed on schedule on 8/15/14.
2. Banks and Whiteface: Elevator Replacement
- Status: project completed.
3. deFredenburg Hall: Final Stages of Renovation
- Status: deFredenburgh Hall renovation was completed as scheduled on 7/14/14.
4. Kent and Macomb Hall: Masonry Restoration
- Status: Project design has been completed and project is out for bid.
- Scope: The masonry restoration of Kent and Macomb Hall will consist of installing expansion joints in the brick masonry on the building exterior, removal of biological growth from the exterior of the building, removal and replacement of deteriorated mortar and bricks, removal and replacement of localized failing sealants on windows, louvers, and soffits. In addition Kent Hall will have two entrances replaced and Macomb Hall will have three of its exterior entrances replaced. The expected start date for the projects is 5/18/15 with a completion date of 8/19/15.
5. Macdonough Hall: Roof Replacement
- Status: Remaining roof work to take place the summer of 2015.
- Scope and status: Phase two will begin on 3/16/15 during the spring break. The staging will extend from the northeast corner, on the south side of the building, and extend south 90’ to the southern end of the east wing. Work will begin on 3/17/15 on the trash room dormer and the bathroom dormer in order to provide mock-ups for the remaining dormer work that will take place in the summer of 2015. The dormer mock-up work is slated to be completed by 3/20/15. The staging for the dormer mock-up work will remain in place until the staging contractor returns on 5/4/15 through 5/15/15 to continue staging installation from the south end of the building to the north end of the building. Work will only involve the construction of the scaffolding as roof work will not take place at this time. All building ingress and egress will be maintained. Phase 2 roof work will then begin on 5/18/15 and is scheduled to be completed on the east and west wings by 8/20/15.
6. Macdonough Hall: Kitchenette Installation
- Status: Bid was awarded to Murnane Contracting.
- Scope: Construction for the installation of eight kitchenettes and the reconfiguration of the RD office space in Macdonough Hall will begin on 5/18/15 and is scheduled to be completed by 8/10/15. The work involves converting the floor lounges on the 3rd, 2nd, and basement levels into full service kitchenettes, along with converting the 1st floor game area into a kitchenette along with the reconfiguration of the existing RD office spaces.
7. Mason Hall: Renovation
- Timeline: Project is in completion stage.
- Scope and Status: Punch list for the building will be generated by the designers on 3/16/15. Sprinkler system is now fully functional, resident hall central mailroom is near completion, electrical systems are being trimmed out, heating and hot water systems are being finalized, and cleaning of the building is taking place. The project completion date for Mason Hall is 6/15/15.
8. Moffitt Hall Renovation
- Status: Bid has been awarded Bette and Cringe Contracting
- Scope: Renovation of the 9 story dorm is scheduled to begin on 5/26/2015 with a completion date of 7/8/2016. The work involves the reconfiguration of the existing suites that will provide 4 additional single rooms on floors 2 through 9, full service kitchenette’s on floors 2 through 9, study lounge on floors 2 through 9, rebuilding of the elevators that will provide stops on all floors for both cars, reconfiguration of the lounge areas on the first floor that will provide the addition of an Interfaith room, reconfiguration of the lobby and RD Office area, reconfiguration of the RD apartment that will provide more living area, upgrade of all building services, full coverage sprinkler system, installation of energy efficient windows and installation of exterior insulation panels that will mirror deFredenburgh and Hood Hall.
9. Wilson Hall Design
- Status: Designers have been selected and the design is moving forward
- Scope and Status: The project is in the initial design phases and has progressed through the pre-schematic phase. The design is looking at providing building envelope enhancements that will mirror Hood, deFredenburgh, and Moffitt Hall. It is the design intent to provide an open floor plan for all floors, kitchenettes for floors 2 through 9, more program space, upgraded building systems, full coverage sprinkler system, and total renovation of the existing bathrooms that will include ADA accessibility.
Roads and Parking Lots
Kevin Roberts, Director of Facilities, is overseeing the following projects. He may be reached by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (518) 564-5016.
1. Redcay Parking Lot
- Estimated timeline: July 27, 2014 through August 22, 2014.
- Scope: Steven E. Fuller Excavating, Inc. from Keeseville, NY is the contractor performing the work. The new parking lot will create parking for 28 vehicles and will be located on the south side of Redcay Hall between the Redcay building and Brinkerhoff St. This will involve excavation of the area, installation of granite curbing, tapering for proper drainage and asphalt.
2. Memorial Hall Roof Replacement
- Estimated timeline: Work should be completed by the end of April, 2015
- Status: The roof to Memorial hall was replaced this past winter and finishing touches will be completed this spring.
- Scope: The contractor will demobilize and clean-up around the building exterior.
3. Field House Culvert Project
- Estimated timeline: Project completed by the end of April, 2015
- Status: The project is 90% complete with just the asphalt and guardrails needing to be installed this spring.
Maintenance & Operations
Office: Service Building
Phone: (518) 564-5044