Winter Commencement Check List
Prior to Commencement
- Meet with advisor to verify eligibility to graduate.
- Apply to graduate by completing formal application for diploma through the Registrar's Office before Sunday, June 1, 2014 to guarantee name will be included in Commencement Program. Applications will be accepted after that date, but there is no guarantee that the names will be included if students wait until the last minute to apply.
- Download Diploma Application Form (PDF file size 10.7kb)
- Attend Winter Grad Expo on Monday, Oct. 27, to purchase caps and gowns, diploma covers, commencement announcements, class rings, diploma frames and other gift items relating to Commencement.
- Order honor society cord through College Store by mid November.
- Make last minute purchase (bachelor's degree approximately $42) or rental (master's degree approximately $36 and an additional $36 for a hood), of academic regalia at College Store in early December. Prices are subject to change.
- Pick up name cards at Angell College Center Information Desk, Monday-Friday, Dec. 8-12, 2014.
- Attend Commencement Reception on Friday, Dec. 12, 2014 (3 - 5 p.m.), in Willard C. Flynt Commons, Angell College Center -- family and friends invited.
Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014
- Doors to Field House Gymnasium open to guests at 9:00 a.m. for the commencement ceremony.
- Degree candidates assemble on the upper level of the Stafford Ice Arena by 9:15 a.m. for the lineup. Please bring academic regalia with you.
- For those unable to pick up name card during the week prior to Winter Commencement, pick up name cards at the Field House Will-Call Window and complete.
For more information about Winter Commencement at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Office of the President
159 Hawkins Hall
(518) 564-2010 (phone)
(518) 564-3932 (fax)