Campus Construction Schedule for 2014-2015
Rick Larche, capital project manager, is overseeing the following projects. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Hawkins Hall Pond and Harrington Hall Infrastructure Project
- Estimated timeline: Monday, May 18 through the end of August 2015.
- Scope: Around the pond area, there is some remaining below grade piping work to be completed during the summer of 2015. A pond liner will be installed, as well as a waterfall feature. The area will be landscaped and improved lighting will be put in place.
- Fencing around the pond will be left in place through the winter of 2014 and into late summer of 2015. Construction has been stopped for the winter season.
2. Hawkins Hall: Café Renovation for the New Einstein Bagels Location
- Café Renovation for the New Einstein Brothers Bagels Location in Hawkins Hall.
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete..
- Scope: This is a complete renovation of the existing café, located along the south side of Hawkins Hall.
- The cafe´ has been in full operation since the start of the 2014 Fall semester..
3. Myers Fine Arts Building: Theater-Rigging Replacement
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete.
- Scope of the project: A completely new rigging system will be implemented to bring the current theater up to current industry safety standards.
4. Yokum Hall: Communications Upgrade
- Estimated timeline: May 22 through the end of early winter 2014, with a goal of opening the space for students in the spring of 2015. The project has experienced many delays, which may put off re-occupancy of the communication studios and associated spaces until after the Spring semester of 2015.
- Scope: The demolition and abatement has been completed in the TV/audio area of Yokum Hall, with the reconstruction of the space now occurring. The existing TV equipment will be completely upgraded with minor upgrades on the audio side..
- Overall this project will provide the communications studios with a facelift and, more importantly, a major equipment upgrade bringing the facilities up to current studio standards.
5. Field House: Soccer/Lacrosse Turf Field Replacement
- Estimated timeline: This project is now complete.
- Scope: The existing field has been replaced with a new turf and striping compliant to NCAA standards.
6. Kehoe Administration Building: Generator Installation
- Estimated timeline: May 18 – August 21, 2105.
- Scope: Installation of an emergency backup generator for Kehoe Administration Building. The object is to provide backup power to key network servers for continuity of operations during a power failure event.
- The project is still under design.
7. Hudson Hall: Cooling Coil for Room 106 Cooling Coil for Room 106 and pre-heat coil for Planetarium
- Estimated timeline: Currently underway with an estimated completion of November 28,2014.
- Scope: Installation of condensing fans and a cooling coil in the air handling unit serving Lecture Classroom 106 for air conditioning during the summer months. An electric pre-heat coil has also been added to the air handling unit serving the Planetarium for dehumidification.
8. Central Campus: Podium Rehabilitation
- Estimated timeline: November 2014 through Winter 2105.
- Scope: This is an extensive rehabilitation of the existing elevated walkway, called the podium, which connects numerous buildings at the second-floor level. Phase I shall include the Podium spanning from the walkway starting at Parking Lot 8 of Yokum Hall by Beaumont Halland completing at HudsonHall It will involve removing the existing walking surface pavers down to the existing structural slab. A new membrane, drainage and stamped concrete walking surface will be installed. New green spaces will spruce up the walkways along the railing edges, and the underside will be rehabilitated to fix all the damaged concrete from water infiltration. The two approaches to the bridge over Broad St. will be completely replaced.
- The project will be phased to allow some minimized traffic flow around the construction areas, but some delays should be anticipated and alternate routes will be indicated for foot traffic. Some preliminary work will take place adjacent to the two 2nd floor entrances to Yokum Hall facing Beaumont Hall, as well as an area on the Northeast corner of Myers Fine Arts. This preliminary work will be done over the next few weeks to mitigate current leaks occurring as a result of a failure in the Podium water proofing/flashing.
9. Au Sable Hall: Final Touches
- Estimated timeline: Summer of 2015.
- Scope: Remediate exterior entrance doors and windows. The door remediation is expected to occur between Nov. 7 – Nov. 21, 2104. The window remediation has started, but has been put on hold over the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 sessions. It will start again in the summer of 2015.
10. Sibley Hall Phase I Renovation
- Estimated timeline: Summer of 2015 through Spring of 2017.
- Scope: A complete renovation of the South end of Sibley Hall, including a new second floor in the gymnasium space. The gym will be taken off line and replaced with offices and clinic space for the Psychology Dept. Department moves will be occurring within the current Third Age, NCTRC, and EHS locations to support this renovation..
Jules Lapoint, construction project development and oversight professional, is overseeing the following projects. He may be contacted at email@example.com.
10. Adirondack Hall: Window Replacement
- Status: Window Replacement was completed on schedule on 8/15/14.
11. Macdonough Hall: Roof Replacement
- Status: Roof Replacement phase I work was completed this summer and the contractor has demobilized from the work area. The contractor will be returning over the winter break from 12/15/14 through 1/16/15 to perform the removal of the remaining asbestos setting mortar located on the roof peaks. The contractor will then demobilize and return on 5/04/15 through 5/11/15 to begin scaffold erection on the east and west wings of Macdonough Hall. Work will only involve the construction of the scaffolding as no roof work will take place at this time. All building ingress and egress will be maintained. Phase II roof work will then begin on 5/18/15 and is scheduled to be completed on the two wings 8/20/15.
12. Banks and Whiteface: Elevator Replacement
- Status: Elevator Replacement project was completed as scheduled on 8/08/14. Contractor will be returning over the winter break from 12/15/145 through 1//16/15 to perform the remaining punch list work.
13. Mason Hall: Renovation
- Timeline: The project is on schedule with an expected completion date of 6/15/15.
- Scope and Status: Site work is nearly complete. Contractor is installing finishes on floors 3 through 1; permanent heat is now operational in the building, temperature control work is ongoing, electrical branch and distribution wiring is ongoing, building sprinkler system is 90% complete, and the interior framing and sheet rock installation is ongoing. The project is on schedule with an expected completion date of 6/15/15.
14. DeFredenburg Hall: Final Stages of Renovation
- Status: deFredenburgh Hall renovation was completed as scheduled on 7/14/14.
15. Macdonough Hall Kitchenette Installation
- TDesign for the installation of kitchenettes is moving forward. The design includes adding kitchenettes to the 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and basement levels of Macdonough Hall. The project will be going out to bid in mid-January of 1015. The work is scheduled to take place over the summer of 2015.
- Status: The projectd is scheduled to start on 5/18/15 with a completion date of 8/20/15.
Roads and Parking Lots
Kevin Roberts, Director of Facilities, is overseeing the following projects. He may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (518) 564-5016.
1. Redcay Parking Lot
- Estimated timeline: July 27th, 2014 through August 22nd, 2014.
- Scope: Steven E. Fuller Excavating, Inc. from Keeseville, NY is the contractor performing the work. The new parking lot will create parking for 28 vehicles and will be located on the south side of Redcay Hall between the Redcay building and Brinkerhoff St. This will involve excavation of the area, installation of granite curbing, tapering for proper drainage and asphalt.
Maintenance & Operations
Office: Service Building
Phone: (518) 564-5044