News and Press Releases
Feinberg Library's Popular Word Thursdays Series Returns
02:40pm EDT, 20 Sep 2013
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. (Sept. 20, 2013) — A Feinberg Library series featuring local writers is coming back to the SUNY Plattsburgh campus, starting Oct. 3.
The series, Word Thursdays, has writers reading from their published works and leading conversations about poetry and fiction. All events take place in the Reading Room of Feinberg Library and are free and open to the public.
At the end of each event, audience members are invited to read from their own works in an open mic session. Refreshments will be served.
Word Thursday Events
- Student Poetry Reading. 5 p.m. Oct. 3.
- Elizabeth Cohen. 5 p.m. Oct. 10. Cohen will read from two recently published works, “What the Trees Said” and “The Hypothetical Girl.”
- Kristin Kimball. 5 p.m. Oct. 17. Kimball, the author of "The Dirty Life" and co-founder of Essex Farm, will read from her works.
- Kate Moses. 5 p.m. Oct. 24. Moses will read from a selection of her works including “Cakewalk,” “Wintering” and “Mothers Who Think.”
- Community Poetry Reading of Dante’s “Inferno.” 5 p.m. Oct. 31. This program will feature an excerpt from the classic work.
Learn more about this and all Feinberg special events online at http://www.plattsburgh.edu/library/specialevents.php.
Back To News
If you would like more information on any of the following news releases, please contact:
Gerianne Wright, Assistant Director for Public Relations and Publications
Phone: (518) 564-2090