Evacuating buildings: During an emergency
- All buildings must be evacuated when a fire alarm sounds or upon notice from University Police or other authorized personnel.
- When evacuating a building, close your door and always exit from the closest egress door.
- Alert others to follow when evacuating the building.
- Never use elevators during a fire.
- When outside, go to a designated assembly area at least 50 feet from the building and follow instructions.
- Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Do not return to an evacuated building, unless notified by a building contact (administrative buildings), R.A.//R.D (residential buildings), or University Police.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986