English Faculty — Elizabeth Cohen
- M.A. Temple University.
- M.F.A. Columbia University, 1990.
- B.A. University of New Mexico.
- Creative writing.
- Creative non-fiction.
- Contemporary memoir.
- The Family on Beartown Road, Random House, 2005 The Scalpel and the Silver Bear, Bantam, 1998 The Hypothetical Girl, Split Oak Press , 2011 Impossible Furniture (poems), Nightshade Press, 1994 Mother Love (poems), Keshet, 2007 The Economist's Daughter (poems) Excited Utterance Imprints, 2011.
- Essays and journalism in the New York Times, Newsweek, The New Yorks Post, Glamour, Redbook, Family Circle and frequent contributor to SELF, among other publications. Poetry in Yale Review, Northwest Review, Connecticut River Review, Exquisite Corpse and other literary publications as well as in Walk On the Wild Side: Poets write About Cities (Scribners, 1995) and other anthologies.
- Barnes & Noble Discover Great New Writers New York Times Notable Book of the Year (The Family on Beartown Road) State of New York Legislative Resolution Honoree (The Family on Beartown Road).
- Columbia School of Journalism Certificate of Merit Associated Press Honorable Mentions Macdowell Colony Fellow Distinguished Visiting Poet, the Poetry center, Paterson, New Jersey.
Contact Elizabeth Cohen
Office: Champlain Valley Hall 205
Phone: (518) 564-2428