Freshman Admissions

Freshman Facts

Information For

Schedule a visit to SUNY Plattsburgh campus

Codes You Need to Know

  • SUNY Application: 44
  • SAT: 2544
  • ACT: 2944
  • Federal School Code: 002849
  • NYS Tap (Undergraduate Code): 0940

Information for Incoming Freshmen with College Credit Earned in High School

Have you challenged yourself throughout high school by taking Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or college-level courses? Well, here at SUNY Plattsburgh, we want to award you for your achievement by accepting those courses as transfer credit. Learn more about:

Transferring your advanced credits to SUNY Plattsburgh is easy - just follow these five simple steps:

Step 1: Determine What Kind of College Credit You Are Receiving

Talk to your school counselor, teachers, and parents to figure out if you are taking an Advanced Placement (AP) or college-level class. This is important because it can affect the way your course will transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh.

Hint: If you have paid a college or university to take the class, you are receiving college-level credit.  But, if you are sitting for an exam in May, you are taking an AP course.

Step 2: Fill out the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit

The Admissions Office needs to know the courses that you are taking for college credit in order to start the initial transfer process.  So, be sure to carefully fill out the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit to ensure accuracy, as this can affect the registration process during summer orientation.

Step 3: Receive Your Preliminary Credit Evaluation

The Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit allows the Admissions Office to begin working on your preliminary credit evaluation, which will show any college-level courses that you will earn credit for, and how they will transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh. We will need an official transcript or AP/IB score report for any course listed as IP (in-progress) on your preliminary credit evaluation. Be sure to check your credit evaluation to determine if we are missing your official transcript and for accuracy. Let the Admissions Office know as soon as possible if something is incorrect.

Please note: We do not place AP or IB credit until we have received the official score report, unless you self-report your exam score on the Worksheet for Freshmen with College Credit.  Either way, we will need an official score report to finalize the credit transfer of the course(s).

Step 4: Send Your Official Transcript or Score Report

For Advanced Placement (AP) credit, be sure to send us an official score report from the College Board or have your school counseling office report it on your official high school transcript.

For International Baccalaureate (IB) credit, the Admissions Office will need an official score report from the International Baccalaureate Organization.

If you have earned college-level credits, please request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office at the institution where you have earned the credit after your grade is posted. We cannot accept a grade report or a copy of your transcript.

Step 5: Receive Your Final Credit Evaluation

The Admissions Office will send your finalized credit evaluation to you once we receive your official AP, IB, or college-level transcripts.  Again, check your credit evaluation for accuracy and report any issues to the Admissions Office.


Contact Information

The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.

Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045

Mailing Address:
SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901