Smart-Start Your Research Project with Feinberg Library
We're here to help!
Writing "A" papers requires doing a lot of things right when it comes to research. Start by making the most of all Feinberg has to offer.
We'll work with you to save time, reduce anxiety, and access key resources. We'll offer expert guidance, helping you to explore any aspect of the research process. Library resources and staff can help you to...
- explore topic options,
- use handouts for concept-mapping and brainstorming,
- access more accurate and comprehensive basic facts and concepts,
- learn strategies for faster access to the best research articles and books,
- get guides to help you cite with style and avoid plagiarism.
Step 1: Thinking About and Planning Research
Library resources include...
Step 2: Gathering Basic and Factual Information
Here we can provide...
- suggestions for looking-up facts, statistics, important people, places, dates, terms, main concepts for a topic;
- examples of factual sources, such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, web pages, and subject reference sources;
- help and suggestions for choosing the right resources for your project.
Step 3: Locating Focused and Analytical Information
See a librarian for...
- suggestions for searching the book catalogs, article databases, and locating subject databases;
- guidance in following bibliography citations;
- help using Journals A-Z;
- help using Google Scholar and other Web-searching tools;
- help using Interlibrary Loan (ILLIAD) services;
- tips on evaluating sources as you go.
Step 4: Drafting and Documenting your Research Paper/Project
More Library Services to Explore
Here are some Reference and Writing Assistance Services to help as you do your work:
If you have questions about Feinberg Library, please contact:
Research Help Desk
Phone: (518) 564-5290
2 Draper Avenue, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-3180
Fax: (518) 564-5100
Additional Feinberg contact information