Campus Dates and Deadlines
Important Dates at the Branch Campus
The following are some important dates to remember for the spring 2014 semester. Links to the official SUNY Plattsburgh academic calendar are below.
- Tuesday, January 21: SUNY Adirondack and Hudson Valley Community College Classes Begin. Applies only to students taking ACC or HVCC classes through cross-registration, NOT Plattsburgh classes.
- Saturday/Sunday, January 25/26: Foreign Language Proficiency Exam and Library Proficiency Exam on main campus.
- Monday, January 27: ALL SUNY PLATTSBURGH SPRING SEMESTER CLASSES BEGIN (at all location, including on-line classes). Add/drop at SUNY Adirondack ends. Applies only to students taking ACC classes through cross-registration.
- Sunday, February 2: Spring 2014 course add/drop ends (11:30pm). Last day for 100% tuition refund.
- Monday, February 3: Course withdrawal/late add fee of $20 applies.
- Monday, February 10: Student Teaching Application Meeting, 4:00-6:30 pm, in RHEC 128. Required for all graduate and undergraduate teacher education students planning to student teach in the fall 2014 or the spring 2015. Register at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/branchcampus/acc/stappsign.php.
- Friday, February 21: Diploma Applications due for students graduating in May 2014 or August 2014. Download the form.
- Friday, February 28: Deadline for withdrawing from courses meeting the first 9 weeks of the semester (e.g. LIB courses).
- Monday, March 10 - Friday, March 14: ACC Spring Break. Applies only to students taking ACC classes through cross-registration. SUNY Plattsburgh classes WILL MEET as scheduled.
- Monday, March 17 - Friday, March 21: Spring break for Branch Campus undergraduates and students in the M.S. Leadership program. NOTE: Spring break for graduate teacher education students will be Monday, April 14 - Friday, April 18.
- Wednesday, March 26: Midterm grades due (11:30 pm).
- Monday, March 31: Advisement for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 courses begins. Please meet with your advisor early.
- Tuesday, April 1: Last day to register (4:00 pm), for the Library Proficiency Exam, to be held on Thursday, April 3.
- Thursday, April 3: Library Proficiency Exam, 1:00-2:00 pm, and 3:00-4:00 pm, in RHEC 147.
- Sunday, April 6: Registration for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 begins (10 am). Register EARLY! On-line classes close quickly!
- Friday, April 11: Summer and fall course advisement ends. Last day for unrestricted course withdrawal.
- Monday, April 14 - Friday, April 18: Spring break for Branch Campus graduate teacher education students.
- Friday, April 18 - Tuesday, April 22: HVCC Spring Break. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration). SUNY Plattsburgh classes MAY meet. Consult course syllabus and Plattsburgh faculty.
- Sunday, April 27: Fall 2014 registration ends (11:30 pm).
- Monday, May 5: SUNY Adirondack Classes End. Applies only to students taking ACC classes through cross-registration.
- Friday, May 9: HVCC Classes End. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration.
- Friday, May 9: Academic Achievement Reception..
- Monday, May 12 – Thursday, May 15: HVCC Final Exams. Applies only to students taking HVCC classes through cross-registration.
- Thursday, May 15: Plattsburgh Alumni Reception for Branch Campus Graduates. Queensbury Hotel (5:00 pm).
- Thursday, May 15: Branch Campus Commencement with SUNY Adirondack at the Glens Falls Civic Center (7:00 – Please arrive by 6:30 pm. to line up for the processional).
- Friday, May 16: SUNY Plattsburgh spring semester ends (5 pm).
- Saturday, May 17: Main Campus Commencement.
- Wednesday, May 21: Final grades due (noon).
Official SUNY Plattsburgh Academic Calendar
Please note, there may be dates or deadlines that differ between the Main and Branch Campus:
For more information about SUNY Plattsburgh Branch Campus at Queensbury, please contact:
Phone: (518) 792-5425
SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury
Suite 115, J. Buckley Bryan RHEC
640 Bay Road
Queensbury, NY 12804
Main Campus Address:
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2000