Major in Physics Engineering, 3 + 2 Study Option
Our Physics Engineering Major Allows You To
- Specialize in
- Civil/environmental/mechanical engineering
- Electrical/computer engineering
- Earn a B.A. in Physics (from SUNY Plattsburgh) and a B.S. in Engineering (from the engineering school) after three years at SUNY Plattsburgh and two at an accredited engineering school.
- Enter the engineering school with junior standing, saving you the expensive tuition generally charged by those schools.
- Prepare to go into industry or on to graduate school. In either case the double degree will set you apart from other students.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Physics, 3+2 Engineering Study Option (91 credits)
This program gives the student a solid grounding in Physics and Mathematics through Differential equations. Students also develop problem solving skills, and the ability to write and prepare reports describing their work. Independent research is available to help students further strengthen their analytical and problem solving skills.
If you would like more information about physics at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Thomas H. Wolosz, Chairperson
Office: Hudson Hall 123
Phone: (518) 564-4031
Fax: (518) 564-3169
Hudson Hall 337
Plattsburgh, NY 12901